Missing mctools.xrm.connection

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Hi,

What's the point of of source code that doesn't build because of missing assemblies referenced by the code and no information on how to get or an explanation why they are not part of the solution.

Cheers

Rainer

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM

If you can't figure out by your own how to link missing assemblies, you are not really there yet to mess with the code

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Gosh, Evi, good thing you were never a new developer trying to solve a problem that was over your head while you were on a deadline.

Rainer (or others) if you just want to use the tools, you don't have to get the source code. You can download a binary that looks like it incorporates all the libraries into a single package. XRM Toolbox

If you do need to build from source, you have to go on a scavenger hunt for the binaries he can't distribute as his own work. I was able to get the McTools binaries I needed by downloading the binary version of one of his tools and copying the file in that way.
This exe is now incorporated into Tanguy's CRM toolbox, which is also open source, but BYOB (Bring your own binaries). I eventually collected them all, but I had to get a couple of them by downloading other packages. Look at ICSharpCode's SharpDevelop v3 for the text editor, and Yahoo's YUI compressor for ECMAScript.NET.modified and Yahoo.Yui.Compressor. Good luck!

YUI
SharpDevelop V3